Monday 9 September 2013

Punk but not punk

So according to some source in the fashion world, punk is back. That's right, think 70s, safety pins, tartan etc. But, as a fairly "girly girl", I wanted to put my own spin on the trend.


 I wore my favourite dress of all time: a tartan skater style number that I picked up for £12 on a sale rail in New Look last year. The dress showcases the pattern but in a feminine way. I wore my "well loved" (falling to pieces) creepers, which are also from New Look, and paired them with rolled down thick knee socks from, you guessed it, New Look. For accessories I threw on my Topshop beanie, a classic autumn/winter staple that will keep your head toasty warm and give a comfy and effortless look to your outfit. As a self-confessed Primark addict, I looked for a beanie in-store but to my disappointment, hat that I liked, in the rather eclectic assortment, didn't fit the huge head of mine. Topshop beanies are a little bit of a splurge at a tenner a throw, in comparison to Primark's thrifty alternatives, but they are great quality and bang on trend. Finally, I wore my trusty Cambridge Satchel which accompanies me just about everywhere. It's the perfect size for the bare minimum that I carry around with me and is a timeless staple that will last forever, if taken care of, and will go with pretty much any outfit.

Click here for Topshop hats
 


No comments:

Post a Comment