Friday 20 September 2013

Autumn outfit formula

I was recently using a formula for this, that and the other and wondered...what if there was a formula for other things in life rather than for mathematic and scientific reasons? 

Then, I came up with the autumn outfit formula. This combination of clothing is pretty much fool proof if you follow the rules! 

Shirt + Cardigan/Jumper + Skater skirt = Autumn outfit
The only thing I would say is if you have a busy or printed item in the formula, make sure the other two items are plain; otherwise the outfit will look over the top. You can experiment with printed skirts, shirts and cardis to find the look that suits you best. To prove how easy this is, I put together several outfits:

Outfit no. 1

This outfit consists of a Primark shirt, a Primark skirt and umm a Primark cardigan. It proves you can still put together new outfits for Autumn on a budget! I love this skirt as it has a waffle texture to it, plus it was under a tenner when I bought it! Make sure you wear a cami or top under the shirt as it is sheer, I balanced out the translucency from the top with a heavy, beige cardigan which goes with pretty much everything! As you can see, the skirt is what draws the eye to the outfit, so I kept the rest of the components muted and neutral.

Outfit no. 2 
Again I wore my Primark shirt, I'm telling you now, I wear this in all of the looks to save my virtual breath. My burgundy skater skirt and caramel leopard cardigan are both from new look and are staple pieces in my wardrobe. I love how the light caramel compliments the warm maroon in this outfit; the colours encapsulate the tone of Autumn so well.

Outfit no. 3
I love this outfit; it looks preppy yet has a modern twist with the leopard cardigan. The outfit features a lot of brown tones that work well together. The skirt and belt are from Primark and my bag is from the Cambridge Satchel Company.

Outfit no. 4
This outfit features my black skater skirt from Topshop and my Primark cardigan. The shades in this outfit are quite simple, so I love the pop of red from the cardi. This outfit proves that you can mix cheaper and more expensive high street brands to achieve your desired look. I don't normally go to Topshop for bits and bobs but, if I save up, I get great staple pieces from there like my black skater skirt that will go with pretty much anything.

Outfit no. 5

This outfit is versatile as you can wear the jumper around your waist, or if it's a little colder outside, you can wear it with the collar sticking out. I am also wearing my Topshop skirt that featured in the previous outfit. I love this teal jumper, which I bought from Bank last year, but it reminds of Wallace's from Wallace and Grommit!

Anyway, that's all from me for now, I hope you enjoyed reading this post! 
More cheese Grommit? ;-) 

(Photo on left from thedrum.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment