Monday 16 September 2013

Autumn/Winter nails

First things first, we need to clear something up. I am AWFUL, I repeat AWFUL at painting nails (excuse the capitals; I am virtually shouting for emphasis). But I felt like blogging about some new products I have recently bought, so here goes!

For this manicure I have two 'statement' nails and the rest are painted gold. One nail is a fur textured nail and the other has a crackle polish. This look features a lot of warm colours and is perfect for an event or simply to be worn during the day.

First, paint all of your nails (except the one you want to be furry) in a gold coloured polish. I used a mini polish from 17 however the choice is yours as to which polish you choose! 


For the furry nail I used MUA's fur effect nails in the shade 'Fluff & Cuddles' which is a gorgeous burgundy colour. Paint your nail in a shade that matches the fur you will be using, I used a random red colour I found in my room as it was the closest I have to burgundy! Apply two coats and whilst the second is wet, pop on the nail fur. Now, I have been reading so many blogs about this product, before I went to buy it, and a lot of them suggest to remove the plastic sieve and to use tweezers to apply the fluff. Following their advice, I covered my nail in a mountain of fur. Don't worry if it looks lumpy at this stage-trust me! Then after allowing a few moments for the polish to dry a little, brush off the excess back into the pot. I use a benefit blush brush that came with my Coralista powder and it definitely does the trick! Applying the nail fur takes a bit of practice, however at £3 each they are a bargain buy for adorable autumn nails! I found the blogs 'Mademoiselle LaLa' and 'Little Gemm' useful, when learning to use the nail fur!

 
Pick another nail that you want to be a "statement nail", I chose my index finger. Once your gold polish has dried, apply a shatter polish on top. I used OPI's 'Superbass Shatter' polish, which leads me to believe it's from the Nicki Minaj range. I actually picked up this polish from the 99p store, yes you heard that right the 99p store! I have always seen OPI as quite a high end brand, so I jumped at the chance of owning a nail polish from their brand as they are renowned for making fab products. Apply a thin coat of the polish and watch the magic happen. Don't worry if the polish looks too thin, just wait for it to shatter, if you reapply you'll ruin the effect! Although the colour isn't nearly as gorgeous on the nail, as it is in the bottle, you can't really go wrong for 99p can you? Lastly, I applied a glitter polish from Primark for an extra sparkle! 


 

2 comments:

  1. I'm still undecided whether or not to purchase the fur effect nails but I love the look of the shade you picked up :) Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I really liked this one because the rest are all pink or blue haha! I think it's a dupe of nails inc but much cheaper! :-)

      Delete