Friday 13 September 2013

Get the look: Ruby Tandoh

I don't know about those of you reading this, but I am an avid viewer of 'The Great British Bake Off'. I have watched series upon series, however 2013 contestant Ruby's outfit really stood out to me in one of the first episodes.
Photo from Daily Mail website (BBC)

I think her look gives off laid-back and bohemian vibes and I really wanted to try and emulate her style. 

For make up, I went back to basics, applying a neutral shadow with a darker brown liner on my upper and lower lids. I filled in my eyebrows, for extra definition and added a few coats of mascara. To finish, I popped some concealer some of my blemishes and added a light pink blusher to the apples of my cheeks.





For hair, I created a centre parting, and as I have completely straight hair I decided to curl it. Using the 'Babyliss pro hairdressing' wand, I curled the front sections of hair that frame my face. I then ran my fingers through the ringlets, that I created by curling small pieces of hair, to ensure the curls looked natural and fluffy. I then gathered the hair into a low bun, against the back of my neck. This look would also look well with a loose plait I think! 

Finally, for the outfit! I wore my Miss Selfridge blue marble wash jeans. For me, they were a bit of a splurge but they are good quality and I know that they will be a long-lasting staple piece in my wardrobe. Plus, they're super comfy!  Although Ruby wears a white tank top on the show, I am wearing a black long sleeved t-shirt to adapt the look so it's suitable for Autumn and Winter. I fell in love with Ruby's bo-ho cardigan and I was able to find a similar one in good old Primarni. This grey and earth tone cardi was only £14 and I love the way it fits. It feels baggy and comfy yet fitted at the same time which is always a good thing as you get the best of both worlds! 



Finally, I topped off the look with a pair of gold hoops. Ruby's are silver, but I only had gold-plus I think that the colour ties I really nicely with the earth tones of the cardigan. 

Thank you for reading and putting up with an especially long babble this time! 


2 comments: