Friday 13 June 2014

My Fashion Babblings-Uniquely You: 'Twirl Nextdoor'



50's/60's ModCloth
Hello my lovely readers!
Today I'm blogging about ModCloth-a fab American company with vintage clothes ranging from the roaring twenties to the 90's. They kinda remind me of a retro Urban Outfitters as they have such cute novelties and give vintage style a modern twist. 

The outfit I have put together is a fusion of the 50s and 60s as well as my own individual style. The basis of the outfit is the 'Twirl Nextdoor' dress. I love the gorgeous cutouts and the soft peach shade of the stripes. The A-line skirt reminded me of the 60's a lot! The dress range at ModCloth is fabulous: the styles suit any shape and plus sizes are also stocked. They have such a selection meaning you can emulate the style of any decade you desire! 

I paired the dress with the 'Darling Saturday Strut Heel'. The baby pink really brings out the gentle peach of the dress and I think the bows are absolutely adorable and are very retro! 

I also incorporated my own style by adding a brown Cambridge Satchel to the mix. I actually own one of these and I swear the quality is amazing. I own a brown satchel as I feel it ties in the colours of any outfit and adds a little bit of a preppy, yet formal, look to outfits. 

Cat eye sunglasses are a must for any 50's or 60's look. They basically scream retro. These 'Cat Eye Cutie' sunglasses are gorgeous and the tortoise-shell design really matches well with the earthy tone of the satchel which blends well with  the soft pastels of the dress and shoes. 

Finally, the ring. This 'Unity of Measure' ring is so unique and looks like a tape measure! Perfect for any DIY fans! 

I hope you all enjoyed this post! 
Which decade is your favourite when it comes to style? 





9 comments:

  1. This dress totally looks stunning! I have been seeing it everywhere :)

    Zoe
    http://thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shoes and the satchel!
    Nice blog :)x

    Just Above the Knees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, lovely! I want those shoes so much haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, now its just to search the internet for them!
      Thanks so much for following me
      xx

      Delete
    2. They're from ModCloth :)
      No probs! xox

      Delete
  4. That ring is so cool!
    Oh, and I really like the shoes xx

    On a Bed of Flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them both too! :D xo
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. Aw the shoes are so pretty! Thanks for sharing! Just found your blog and really love it! Would you like to follow each other on GFC, facebook and bloglovin to stay in touch? Let me know, thanks!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete