Tuesday 21 January 2014

Winter-Spring

Winter-Spring
At the moment, it's the awkward transition phase between Winter and Spring. Well, not really it's January-but I like to tell myself that Spring will be soon! The weather seems to alternate between cold and warm just after this time of year, so I  wanted to create a look that will be suitable for both Winter and Spring. Every component in this outfit is from the high street, and although they vary In price, many of the items are staple pieces that you can use year-round.

Let's start off with the jeans. These high-waisted 'mom jeans' from Topshop are perfect for this time of year because of the cropped leg. This means that they can be worn with flats when it is warmer, or you can cover your legs with boots on chillier days. This style of jean is similar to the 'boyfriend' and has a straight cut and is slightly baggy, yet still flattering for any figure. These jeans come to £40 which on the surface may seem a bit much; however they are a year-round staple and are bound to be of a good quality. I'm sure that this style of jean is available across the high-street; I think investing in a good quality pair of jeans is often a wise move.

I decided to pair these jeans with a pair of tanned suede-style moccasins. Firstly, may I say that these shoes look so comfortable? They add a summery vibe to the jeans, but also an earth-toned edge to the colour scheme to ensure the outfit isn't too light and insipid. These shoes are perfect for Spring and Summer and can be worn with pretty much anything. Be aware that this pair of shoes, which are £22.99, are from the wide fit section of New Look, however they stock similar and cheaper styles.

I wanted to pair the brown pumps with a similarly coloured bag to balance out the light colours in this outfit, so when I saw this satchel on the Asos website, I knew it would be perfect. I love the scalloped detail on the top edge of the bag and the gold accents, which make it slightly differ to the stereotypical satchel. This bag is £30. Personally, I wouldn't pay this much for a bag that isn't real leather as there is no guarantee that it could withstand everyday wear and tear, but it is really a really unique twist on a classic accessory.

The cream, knitted jumper is £15 from H&M, which I think is a good price. Although, if you are a pastel fan, check out the jumper range in Primark as it features mint green and baby pink styles similar to the cream one featured. I think this jumper is a brilliant piece to have as it will go with virtually anything. Tucked into a skirt, worn over a dress or with shorts and also with jeans. Depending on the temperature outside, you can layer different tops with this jumper to ensure it is suitable for the weather outside.

I think I have a thing for animal and insect watches. The £85 price tag deters me, but I am in love with this watch. It blends beautifully with the gold accents in the satchel and the earthy colours featured. There's nothing more to say apart from: I love this watch.

I felt like this outfit was missing something. A pop of colour. I chose this Barry M Nail Paint in Red Wine. This deep shade of red blends well with the neutral tones in the look yet stands out simultaneously. I love Barry M polishes because they are amazing shiny, even in the absence of a top coat and at £2.99, what's not to love?! My only criticism is that the polish does have a tendency to chip very quickly.

Thanks for reading this week; I hoped you enjoyed the post!
What is your favourite item in this outfit?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment