Tuesday 15 July 2014

Japan

Japan
I don't own these images. I think the art can be purchased online via polyvore! 

I'm a bit of novice when it comes to Japanese culture, however I love how products in this country have fused the traditional patterns with the vibrant world of all things manga and kawaii.

1) Kimonos are everywhere. They are so versatile as they are available in a variety of floral prints and can be dressed up or down. This beautiful piece is from New Look and I think it really channels a classic Japanese look with a modern twist. Pair this with plainer items in an outfit to ensure it's in the limelight!

2) I think I have written about these bowls from dotcomgiftshop before but they are so cute! I love this one in particular however you can buy other patterns and sizes. This size is a dipping bowl for sauces but you could always use it in your room to store rings or bracelets. 

3) Red lipstick reminds me of the Geisha look. To channel the style, wear flowers in your hair with a little black liner on your lids. Don't over-do the eyeliner though as you want the punchy lip to stand out. You can buy red lipstick from basically any brand but I chose Pillar box red by Barry M. 

4) When I was younger, I used to wear the Gwen Stefani Harajuku Lovers perfume religiously. The scent 'Love' isn't as powerful as the other, frutier versions. I think the packaging is adorable, despite disguising that you don't get a lot of scent in the bottle! I think the product really channels modern day Japanese style and makes a gorgeous room decoration too! 

5) Despite not having tried it personally, I've heard rave reviews about the L'oreal Miss Manga mascara. It elongates lashes and adds volume for a cute manga look. It comes in several colours however I opted for classic black as I am not brave enough to sport rainbow eyelashes!

6) David and Goliath or Chicksrule sell adorable products. This sushi top reminded me of Japanese culture and not to mention-it's adorable! Plus, this t-shirt is on sale so if you like it-snap it up now!

7) Hello Kitty is an icon in Japanese culture. You can basically buy anything with her face emblazoned on it! These headphones from Topshop are so cute and the colour scheme really reminds me of Japanese cherry blossom. 

8) MiPac sell backpacks with a variety of designs based on countries. Whilst online, I found a Japanese-style one! The design is set on a white background to match the flag colours. Despite this bag being amazing, I can see the material quickly becoming stained. 

Thank you for reading
What is your favourite item featured in the post?


Japan by my-fashion-babblings featuring japanese wall art

No comments:

Post a Comment