Friday 7 March 2014

Polo neck jumpers

When I was younger, I would dread when my mum would next dress me in the black polo neck that lingered in my wardrobe. But now, my attitudes have changed after seeing my childhood enemy gracing the catwalk at London Fashion Week. The high neck is interesting to work with because you can experiment with items like statement necklaces.

I do not own images, they are from Polyvore
 
For both of these outfits, I chose a plain grey polo neck from Miss Selfridge. It can be purchased at a sale price of £10 and there are some left in a few sizes. However, this style of top is relatively easy to hunt down on the high-street. You can find better quality versions at high-end, high-street stores like Hobbs and Whistles. I like how this grey top is the focal point of both outfits, however is minimal enough to be paired with statement pieces.
 
Outfit 1:
I would tuck this style of top into a skater skirt like the one above; it costs a tenner from H&M but I would also recommend Primark and New Look for similar items. I love the mix of fuchsia and baby-pink on the skirt, which adds a pop of colour to the bland t-shirt. I think that the Topshop loafers are perfect for this outfit as the raspberry tone ties this look together; they are perfect for spring but are a little bit of a splurge at £42!
 
Outfit 2:
I think this jumper works really well with short denim dungarees. You could try it with longer 'mom jean' dungarees however, I think the shorter style works well as the long-sleeved top balances it out. These are £24.99 from New Look. Try to go for darker denim, the lighter your top is as you don't want the outfit to be too insipid. I love the leopard print sandals in this outfit, the plain outfit acts as the perfect canvas to project the statement pattern. Like the loafers, these sandals are from Topshop and cost £50.
 
Thank you for reading!
What was your favourite outfit?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment